Powered By Blogger

Advertisement

Friday, April 29, 2011

Rebound

With the left knee injury I got a week from my maiden marathon race still giving me problem to charge down even a slightly steeper slope, I'll have two choices...

One is to continue doing what I like most, that is running with the pain even running for as little as 1km... irrational but I get to do what I love most just as the time I contracted iliotibial band syndrome on my right leg a few years back.Back then I would go out for a run of 5k plus up to 8km even though I usually felt the pain around the 5km mark.

The second choice is to stop running completely and build up from scratch... this is really hard to do... :(

What should I do...?

It had been two weeks since the race which I was so glad to finish and I am still thinking about which one should I choose... hmmm.... It is very hard to do but I have chosen the second option and I am going to build up my run as slow as it required and at the same time start lifting some weight again to build up some strength and a more balanced muscle to try to avoid injury in the future.

I have come to this decision after a long thought, running for me will be a lifelong thing to do and if that means I need to stop running for some time and doing other form of exercise so that I can continue running freely again then that would be the thing I should do for the time being.

Now, it will all down to my heart to resist the temptation to go out and run hard, run long, charging the trail... The trail will be very hard to resist as last weekend run revealed that I can still charge hard going uphill at FRIM, Kepong without any pain on the knee but when it come to downhill it is so painful that I can only walk down the hilll and with the help of the knee guard.

I hope I am strong enough to resist it......

3 comments:

  1. rest will..then your left knee should recover soon..dun worry..a CRAZY runner never stop running..^^V..i will continue bless you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no... the trails misses you... but rest well bro! you need all the juice for TNF, yo!

    Now let's go swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dls: Yup. Crazy runner never stop running. Hehe!! @shah: jangan la baja lebih-lebih.. :p

    ReplyDelete